17févr6:00 pm17mars8:00 pmThe Newcomer Toolkit for Business & WorkAre you a newcomer to Canada? Looking for digital skills to make your next career move or launch your business? We're here to help!Remote
From February 17 to March 17, join us for The Newcomer Toolkit for Business & Work, a series of workshops and supports that will help you build on your knowledge,
From February 17 to March 17, join us for The Newcomer Toolkit for Business & Work, a series of workshops and supports that will help you build on your knowledge, skills and connections to grow your career or start your business in a digital-first world.
Digital skills for a digital-first world
You’ll learn from seasoned professionals, including newcomers like you, who will help you gain the digital skills you need to grow your career or start your business, through practical, skill-building workshops about:
– Storytelling: Clearly communicating your experience and skills online.
– Networking: Building good relationships with the right people in your industry — even if you can’t meet in-person.
– Digital Marketing and Communications: Impressing anyone that Googles you or your business.
– E-commerce: Starting a successful online store.
This is more than just a workshop series.
By participating in The Newcomer Toolkit, you will also get access to coaching, and long-term, guided learning — including a free three-month virtual membership to Impact Hub Ottawa, a vibrant, local community of social innovators (more info below).
Who can join
To participate, you must be:
– A Permanent Resident in Canada for less than five years, or a Refugee or Protected
– Person in Canada for less than five years.
– A resident of Ontario.
– Comfortable communicating in English at a CLB level 6 or higher.
Note: interpretation or Closed Captioning support may be available upon request. Please indicate your preferences in the order form and we will be in touch.
Février 17 (Mercredi) 6:00 pm - Mars 17 (Mercredi) 8:00 pm EST