WEKH & SFU VentureLabs are working together to bring this wonderful online event to Indigenous women entrepreneurs & ecosystem supporters in BC. This roundtable is an opportunity for Indigenous women entrepreneurs
WEKH & SFU VentureLabs are working together to bring this wonderful online event to Indigenous women entrepreneurs & ecosystem supporters in BC. This roundtable is an opportunity for Indigenous women entrepreneurs in BC to network and connect with one another and learn from organizations within the ecosystem what they have to offer!
1:00-1:05PM: Welcome & Introduction – Setting the tone for the roundtable
1:05 – 1:45PM: SpeedRound – Each organization has 5 minutes to tell you about the great opportunities they have available for you!
- WEKH Indigenous, Ashley Richard
- SFU VentureLabs, Lesley Duncan
- First Nations Technology Council, Denise Williams
- National Aboriginal Capital Corporations Association, Magnolia Perron
- Womens Enterprise Centre, Melanie Rupp
- Futurpreneur, Sammy Zoerb
- Indigenous Womens Lift Collective, Nicole Taylor-Sterritt
- Skookum Lab, Jeska Slater
1:45 – 2:15PM: Roundtable Discussion Queestions – 10 minutes each
- What does Indigenous women entrepreneurship mean to you?
- What are the barriers Indigenous women face in terms of entrepreneurship?
- What can we do to improve the situation?
2:15 – 2:30PM: Open Discussion and Q&A for all participants
The Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub (WEKH) has been working hard with our ecosystem partners on supporting women’s entrepreneurship. Ashley Richard is the National Indigenous Outreach and Partnership Development Lead for WEKH and is hosting a series of virtual roundtable discussion events for Indigenous Women entrepreneurs and those organizations supporting them. At these Zoom roundtables, Indigenous women will have the opportunity to share their experiences as an entrepreneur, what needs they have as business owners, any challenges faced, and in light of recent events, will have the opportunity to share how COVID-19 has affected them. The purpose of the roundtables is so that WEKH can put together a comprehensive needs analysis on Indigenous women entrepreneurs.
We continue to aggregate a list of resources on the WEKH website for women entrepreneurs as they navigate the current uncertainty. Please let me know if there are any additional links or info that you think should be included: https://wekh.ca/covid-19-resources/
(Jeudi) 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm EDT
WEKH & SFU VentureLabs