Women-owned ventures in the spotlight at the Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards
Last night, a remarkable group of female trailblazers were celebrated at the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards Gala, presented by WEKH partner Women of Influence. Dr. Wendy Cukier had the pleasure of presenting the Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub Micro-Business Award to Kelly Ann Woods of Squamish BC for her founding of Gillespie’s Fine Spirits Ltd, Boozewitch Beverage Company, and Switch Beverage Co.
The RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards is the premier national awards program celebrating the achievements of the most successful women entrepreneurs. Over the last 28 years, thousands have been nominated and recognized for demonstrating excellence – from economic growth to social change, from local to global reach – across multiple sectors.
The WEKH is very proud to support this important annual event, and especially because of the strides that it makes in challenging male-dominated perceptions of entrepreneurship. Congratulations to all the nominees, and in particular the 2019 Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award Winners!
- Kelly Ann Woods, Gillespie’s Fine Spirits Ltd, Boozewitch Beverage Company, Switch Beverage Co., Squamish, BC, Diversity Institute / Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub Micro-Business Award
- Jayne McCaw, Jayne’s Cottages, Port Carling, ON, Start-Up Award
- Janet LePage, Western Wealth Capital, Vancouver, BC, RBC Momentum Award
- Geetha Moorthy, SAAAC Autism Centre, Scarborough, ON, Social Change Award
- Carinne Chambers-Saini, Diva International Inc., Kitchener, ON, TELUS Trailblazer Award
- Brigitte Jalbert, Les Emballages Carrousel Inc., Boucherville, QC, Syntax Strategic Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award